Sunday, November 24, 2013

55 Day 2: Outing to the beach

We took a short trip to Ventura Beach on the 2nd day.

Although in mid January, and supposed to be the record-breakingly cold winter, it was very nice and sunny, and warm enough to hang out on the beach.

What a luxury! We were told to spend time in silence for a couple of hours, do whatever we feel like.

When I lived in Redondo Beach back in the late '90s, I wanted to enjoy "beach life", but it didn't turn out the way I expected. There was always this limitation where I felt not open enough to spend much time there alone, always afraid of time or too much UV, or even feeling awkward of being alone out of my self-consciousness, etc. 

I had to have reasons to hang out at the beach, i.e. to do something fun or good for me, and I felt like I had to act certain way, to look someone with certain attitude, etc. I wonder if I ever had pure fun in my life without reasons or guilt at all.

The day I visited the beach in silence, I was officially on duty to do anything I wanted to or nothing at all without any conditions.

So for the first time, I allowed myself to just "be" on the beach.

It was just me in perfect harmony with the presence, observing and hearing the restless waves, appreciating the warmth of the winter sun, enjoying the oneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment